Terms and Conditions
1. Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between Marikoji Inn Kyoto and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. And any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws, regulations and or generally accepted practices
2. In the case when the Ryokan has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding, the preceding Paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Application for Accommodation Contracts
A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Ryokan shall notify the Ryokan of the following particulars:
(1)Name of the Guest(s)
(2)Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival; (3)Accommodation Charges (Based, in principle, on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed online, or our website. (4)Other particulars deemed necessary by the Ryokan.
2-2 In the case where the Guest requests during his stay extension of the accommodation beyond the date in Subparagraph(2)of the preceding Paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
(Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc)
A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Ryokan has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply when it has been proved that the Ryokan has not accepted the application.
3-2When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit fixed by the Ryokan within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest’s entire period of stay (3days when the period of stay exceeds 3days) by the date specified by the Ryokan. 3-3The deposit shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for the reparations under Article 18 if applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article12.
3-4 When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2 the Ryokan shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid.
(Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit)
Notwithstanding the provisions of Pragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Ryokan may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
4-2 In the case when the Ryokan has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be construed that the Ryokan has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph. (Refusal of Accommodation Contracts)
The Ryokan may not accept the conclusion of an accommodation contract under any of the following cases.
When the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions:
When the Ryokan is fully booked and no room is available.
When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his accommodation:
When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease.
When the Ryokan is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his accommodation.
When the Ryokan is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, dysfunction of the facilities and/or other unavoidable causes.
When the provisions of Article No4 of Metropolitan/Prefectural Ordinance are applicable
(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest)
The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by so notifying the Ryokan. 6-2 In the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case when the Ryokan has requested the payment of the deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has cancelled before the payment) the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the attached Table No2. However, in the case when a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been concluded, the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the obligation of the payment of the cancellation by charges in case of cancellation the Guest. 6-3 In the case when the Guest does not appear by 8:00PM of the accommodation date(1)hours after the expected time of arrival if the Ryokan is notified of it without an advance notice, the Ryokan may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Ryokan)
The Ryokan may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
(1)When the Guest is deemed liable to conduct and/or have conducted themselves in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to their accommodation.
(2) When the Guest can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease; (3) When the Ryokan is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his accommodation (4) When the Ryokan is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or other causes of force majeure; (5) When the provisions of Article No4 of Prefectural Ordinance are applicable; (6) When the Guest does not observe prohibited actions such as smoking in the Ryokan, mischief to the fire hazard in the facilities and other prohibitions of the Use Regulations stipulated by the Ryokan. (Restricted to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid the causing of fires). 7-2 In the case when the Ryokan has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Ryokan shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any of the services in the future during the contractual period which he has not received.
The Guest shall register the following particulars at the front desk of the Ryokan on the day of accommodation:
(1)Name, age, sex, address, and occupation, nationality, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan;
(3)Date and estimated time of departure: and
(4)Other particulars deemed necessary by the Ryokan.
8-2 In the case where the Guest intends to pay his Accommodation Charges prescribed in Article 12 by any means other than Japanese currency such as credit cards, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
(Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms)
The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Ryokan from 3:00PM to 10:00AM the next morning However, in the case when the Guest is accommodated continuously, the Guest may occupy it all day long, except for the days of arrival and departure. 9-2The Ryokan may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph.
In this case, extra charges shall be paid as follows:
(1) Up to 1 hours: one third of the room charge
(or 30% of the equivalent in the sum to the room charge)
(2) Up to 4 hours: one half of the room charge
(or 60% of the equivalent in the sum to the room charge)
(3) More than 4 hours: room charge In full
(or 100% of the equivalent in the sum to the room charge)
(Observance of Use Regulation)
The Guest shall observe the Use Regulations established by the Ryokan. (Business Hours) Article11-1 The business hours of the main facilities, etc. of the Ryokan are as follows, and those of other facilities, etc. shall be notified in detail by brochures as provided, notices displayed in each place, service directories in guest rooms and others.
(1) Service hours of front desk. Closing time 11:00PM. Front desk service 8:30AM ~ 5:30PM
(3)11-2The business hours specified in the preceding Paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable causes of the Ryokan.
In such a case, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
(Payment of Accomodation Charges)
The breakdown of the Accommodation Charges, etc.
That the Guest shall pay is as listed in the attached Table No1. 12-2Accommodation Charges, etc. as stated in the preceding Paragraph, in cash with Japanese currency or major credit cards including Visa or Mastercard, recognized by the Ryokan at the front desk at the time of the arrival/departure of the Guest or upon request by the Ryokan. 12-3Accommodation Charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities which have been provided for him by the Ryokan and are at his disposal. (Custody of Baggage and / or Belongings of the Guest)
When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Ryokan before his arrival, the Ryokan is not liable for any loss or damage, but promises to do its best to protect said baggage from harm. 16-2When the baggage or belonging of the Guest is found left after his check-out , and the ownership of the article is confirmed, the Ryokan shall inform the owner of the article left and ask for further instructions. When no instruction is given to the Ryokan by the owner or when the ownership is not confirmed, the Ryokan shall keep the article for 7 days including the day it is found, and after this period, the Ryokan shall turn it over to the nearest police station.
The Ryokan is not responsible for Guests baggage and belongings in any case.
(Liability of the Guest)
Article18-1The Guest shall compensate the Ryokan for any damage caused intentionally or unintentionally, or through negligence on the part of the Guest.
1.Accommodation Charges are all online and on our website. Minimum charge is 8,000yen per person per night. Maximum charge is 40,000yen per person per night.Remarks
1.When the number of days contracted is shortened, a cancellation charge
for at least one day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
(RULES TO BE OBSERVED BY GUEST)
Guests are required to follow all rules as explained by Ryokan manager and staff during their stay, and must follow any premises signs, and any other regulations in tune with local Kyoto, Japan protocols. The Management has established the following regulations for use of the Ryokan/Hotel (hereinafter called ‘rules’) in order to make your stay safe and comfortable, and requests you to observe the rules as provided. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. Please bear in mind especially that in case these rules are not observed, we may have to refuse your accommodation and/or other facilities within premises, and in some cases we may charge you for losses, which have been incurred.
TO AVOID THE CAUSING OF FIRES
1. Please refrain from smoking anywhere on the premises. You may smoke at the Hyakumanben intersection at your own risk, based on the laws of Kyoto, Japan. Please do not bring any heating utensils for warming or cooking, irons, etc. into the guest rooms.
2. Please refrain from any other actions which may cause a fire.
3. Please do not disturb the maintenance and/or security.
TO MAINTAIN PUBLIC PEACE AND SECURITY
1. Please make sure that your room is locked when you leave your room.
2. Please do not lose your room key(s), or safety box/security box keys. Any lost keys result in an automatic 20,000yen charge per key, as we will have to replace locks, keys, and equipment.
3. Only registered guests are permitted to use the guest room. Please do not invite visitors into your room.
PAYMENT 1. Please pay accommodation and other charges at the Front Desk within Japanese currency or by accepted credit card as recognized by the Management at the time of your arrival/departure or upon request of the Management.
2.Personal cheques, debit cards, and some credit cards, are not accepted.
3.We may ask you to make a deposit in some cases for your accommodation charges at the time of your arrival.
1. Please do not bring into the ryokan such articles that may annoy other guests (dogs, cats, or other animals etc.) articles which are liable to cause combustion or ignition : malodorous material or any other article of which is prohibited by Law.
2. Please refrain from loud noise, shouting, singing or other uproarious actions: gambling, actions which may contravene the maintenance of public morals: or other actions which may annoy other guests, or people in the neighborhood.
3. Please do not use guest rooms, the Lobby or other facilities for business purposes (exhibition, advertisement, publicity, sales and others) without permission of the Management.
4. Please do not tamper with facilities and equipment in the Ryokan. Please use them for their rightful purposes.
5. Please do not display or leave articles in the window, on the veranda of your room, in the hallways or in the Lobby.
6. Please make sure that water has stopped running after you use the tub or basin. If water is left overflowing, it may damage the ryokan, your room or rooms next to, above, or below you.
7. Please do not enter the ryokan wearing (wooden sandals), long rubber boots, or shoes that damage cushion flooring.
8. We may refuse to offer accommodation to persons under age without permission of their guardians.
9. Please note that when you make a telephone call from your room.